Past and current projects – the library's own as well as external ones with our participation.
- Switching from barcode to RFID labels for all physical items. (November 2023 onwards.)
African Street Literatures and the Future of Literary Form
This project, based at the Department of English at Uppsala University, covers emerging literary forms such as digital and spoken word poetry, blog fiction, street theatre and graphic novels, but also alternative ways of publishing novels and short stories. Texts collected within the project will be housed and made searchable through us at the NAI Library.
More about the project:
- Project page @ Dept of English, Uppsala university External link, opens in new window.
Project main webpage.
- Materials collected in the NAI Library External link, opens in new window.
Direct search returning everything added so far.
- "African Street Literature and the Future of Literary Form" External link, opens in new window.
Article in the journal African research & documentation no. 134.
- "African street literature enters the library" Opens in new window. (2017-11-29)
NAI news article (incl. interview) about the project.
During 2017–2019, we were able to set up a project to enhance the searchability of the country section of our pamhplet collection. Content lists of each box, containing some 10 to 100 items, were produced and uploaded as files making approximately 20.000 items (as of August 2019) searchable.
Written by NAI librarians.
Practical guidance on handbooks, databases, statistics and other support for literature and fact searches.
Target groups: university students and researchers, teachers and pupils at upper secondary schools and folk high schools, librarians, journalists and aid workers.
Download the entire book:
- Studying Africa External link, opens in new window. (2014, 3rd ed.)
Download individual chapters:
- "Literature searching and searching for facts" External link, opens in new window. / Marianne Andersson
- "Africa information on the Internet" External link, opens in new window. / Kalle Laajala and Åsa Lund Moberg
- "Periodicals" External link, opens in new window. / Birgitte Jansen
- "Statistics" External link, opens in new window. / Ingela Dahlin
- "Official publications" External link, opens in new window. / Mattias Åkesson
Has previously been published in both English and Swedish versions.
Only the English version has been revised for the third edition.
- Previous English versions: 2005 External link, opens in new window., 2011 External link..
- Previous Swedish(-Norwegian) versions: 2004 External link, opens in new window., 2010 External link, opens in new window..
Earlier editions include articles that are not in later editions.