During our 2022–2026 strategy period, staff at the Institute will work on focused but flexible areas of policy-relevant research. Throughout, the emphasis will be on institutional partnerships, knowledge co-creation and trans-disciplinarity.
In order to realise effective policy relevance, the Institute’s research, communication and library functions will work together to generate policy impact in five areas. Each impact area contributes to understanding relevant to the core principles of the United Nation’s Agenda 2030 and the aspirations of the African Union’s Agenda 2063. These are:
- Equality, Social Justice & Inclusion
- Governance, Citizenship & Participation
- Economy, Employment & Mobility
- Climate, Natural Resources & Sustainability
- Peace, Security & Human Rights
Read more about Impact areas in our 2022-2026 strategy