From Iceland to Africa
– Exploring Climate Justice in a Heating-up World
Welcome to this public seminar at The University of Iceland.
Location: Háskóli Íslands, Oddi room 101, Sturlugata 3, Reykjavik
Time: Thursday 5 October 2023 16:00 - 17:30 (GMT)
In the face of the escalating climate crisis, the pursuit of justice and social equity takes centre stage. Join us for a seminar and discussion that delves deep into the intricate landscape of African climate change adaptation and the imperative of forging a just society amidst global climate upheaval.
In her keynote, NAI Head of Research Professor Eleanor Fisher will drill down to community level to reflect on the challenge of addressing equity in African climate adaptation. A panel discussion with Icelandic academics will follow, reflecting on the possibility of forging sustainable futures that are concurrently just and fair, engendering transformation that leaves no one behind.
- Geir Gunnlaugsson, Emeritus Professor of Global Health, University of Iceland
- Jón Geir Pétursson, Professor Environment and Natural Resources, University of Iceland
- Eleanor Fisher, Head of Research, NAI
- Karl Benediktsson professor, Professor, Human Geography
- Magnfríður Birnu Júlíusdóttir, Assistant Professor, Human Geography
- Sóllilja Bjarnadóttir, Phd student, Environmental Sociology