Youth mobility politics and radical change in West Africa
Date: 8 December 2022
Time: 16.30 to 18.00. Reception and mingle afterwards
Venue: Hôtel Fleur de Lys Almadies, PFQP+R72, Rte des Almadies, Dakar, Senegal
A by-invitation-only roundtable policy dialogue on youth mobility politics in West Africa.
In the panel:
- Jesper Bjarnesen, senior researcher at the Nordic Africa Institute and moderator of the discussions.
- Fredrick Ampiah, senior regional advisor at the UNDP Sub-Regional Hub for West and Central Africa (UNDP WACA).
- Gilles Yabi, founder and CEO of WATHI, the West Africa Citizen Think Tank.
- Chiara Barison, journalist and communication consultant at the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) in Dakar.
- Papa Sow, senior researcher at the Nordic Africa Institute.
The roundtable is part of a two-day workshop on Youth mobility politics and radical change in West Africa, attended by 20 academic scholars from across West Africa and the international research community. The event is co-organised by the Nordic Africa Institute and Codesria External link, opens in new window., the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa with funding from Vetenskapsrådet External link, opens in new window., the Swedish Research Council.
This event may be photographed and/or filmed, due to our public service mission. Please inform us if you object to this.