The Nordic Africa Institute

Sweden and National Liberation in Southern Africa - the Tor Sellström Collection

History

The archives of Tor Sellström consist of documents that were collected when undertaking research for the project "Sweden and National Liberation in Southern Africa". The project resulted in three publications: "Sweden and National Liberation in Southern Africa", volumes I and II, as well as a collection of interviews entitled "Liberation in Southern Africa - Regional and Swedish voices". (For more information on these works, see http://www.liberationafrica.se/publications/)

The archives comprise letters, various documents, meeting protocols, copies of inaccessible literature, journals, press cuttings, etc. The materials in the archives mainly consist of copies, of which approximately 80% are in Swedish, with the remaining 20% in English, Portuguese, or any of the Scandinavian languages.

Tor Sellström is a political scientist with a first degree from the University of Stockholm and post-graduate studies at the Institute for Political Studies, University of Paris. He has been employed by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Angola and by the Swedish International Development Authority, holding various positions in Southern Africa and Sweden. Before joining the Nordic Africa Institute he served as Deputy Director of the Namibian Economic Policy Research Unit.

A DVD with the archival materials can be obtained upon request for research purposes. Researchers are kindly requested to use the materials with discretion.

Contents

Tor Sellström Archival ListPDF

Repository

The Nordic Africa Institute
www.nai.uu.seexternal link

Country: Sweden
Period: 1950-2001