Contact the library
For practical library questions as well as queries on information searching on Africa.
Det går alldeles utmärkt att kontakta oss på svenska.
- Ingela Dahlin, Librarian, +46 18 471 52 75
- Kalle Laajala, Librarian, +46 18 471 52 74
- Åsa Lund Moberg, Chief Librarian, +46 18 471 52 77
- Jan Pettersson, Library Assistant, +46 18 471 52 76
- Mattias Åkesson, Librarian, +46 18 471 52 72
We have a book drop where you can safely return books outside of our opening hours. It's found on the wall towards the parking lot, just around the corner on your right when standing in front of our main entrance.
Since we reside within the Uppsala Botanical garden, you also need to observe the garden opening hours. Its gates are open daily:
- May-September: 7:00-21:00
- October-April: 7:00-19:00
We answer questions about Africa and help you out with literature searches in both our resources and external ones.
Keep your question short, but detailed enough for us to understand it. Tell us what you already know about your subject or question.
Send your question to the main library e-mail address above.
We will try to answer as soon as possible. Extensive questions may require more time.
It's helpful if you provide this information:
- How will you use the information? Are you writing a term paper or a newspaper article? Or are you just curious? Knowing this is helpful for us, since there are different kinds of material and information sources.
- Language(s)? Let us know in what language(s) you can read the information. Our library is specialised in contemporary Africa and our material is international, therefore it is mainly in English. Literature is also available in other languages, e.g. French and Swedish.
- Year(s)? Tell us what period you are interested in for grater relevance.
- Latest date? If you will not need the information after a certain date, please let us know.