Our complete collections
Some results may require additional access.
NAI library collection only
Large part available for loan if you come in person, or as interlibrary loan within the Nordics.
Free online resources
Collected in our link collection A Guide to Africa ...
Other recommended resources
- Observers toned down criticism
17 May 2019
- Weak opposition and low expectations reduce risk of protests
21 Dec 2018
- Small stories make globalisation relatable
11 Jul 2018
- Classic critique of ‘ethnic identity’ concept
20 Apr 2018
- The gendarmes who marched into Africa’s Cold War
17 Jan 2017
- Self-critical reflections on gender research
29 Sep 2016
- Leaders that hold on to power
29 Apr 2016
- Wars affects sexual debut
24 Nov 2015
- Slow land reform process in DRC
24 Nov 2015
- Delaying tactics in Congo
27 Nov 2015
Themnér (formerly Nilsson,) Anders, Senior Researcher
Subject areas: Disarmament, demobilization and reintegration of ex-combatants (DDR); ex-combatant violence; informal military networks; conflict resolution;
Geographical areas: Liberia; Republic of Congo; Sierra Leone; West Africa; Zambezi River Basin.
Anders Oljelund has a degree in Political Science from the University of Lund. He Joined the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs (MFA) in 1967 and has had various positions within the MFA. He was also Ambassador to Tanzania in 1989-92 and Head of Permanent Mission of Sweden to NATO, Brussels, and Ambassador to Belgium 1998. After his retirement he has worked as Adviser to the Swedish Ministry of Justice during the Swedish Presidency of the EU in 2009. Author and co-author of various reports and inquiries for the Swedish MFA and other public institutions in Sweden, among them a study on the relationship between development and security in Afghanistan. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org