- Researchers at the Institute and from projects initiated by the Institute
- Manuscripts from Nordic and African researchers within the Institute’s network
- Manuscripts from other Nordic and African researchers
- Other academic manuscripts
All manuscripts are peer-reviewed by two external reviewers before being accepted for publishing at the Institute.
The Institute publishes
- monographs and edited volumes
- the Following series:
- Current African Issues
- Discussion Papers
- Research Reports
- Studies on Emergency and Disaster Relief
- Document de Recherche
The Institute does not publish
- doctoral theses
The Institute has an editorial committee consisting of one representative from each Nordic country (Denmark , Finland , Norway and Sweden). The committee members represent different academic disciplines and expertise covering different geographical areas.