President of Finland visits NAI
Former Finnish president Tarja Halonen is in Uppsala because of the The Dag Hammarsköld Lecture. A few free hours in her calendar permitted a visit to the Nordic Africa Institute. NAI researchers Maria Eriksson Baaz and Mats Utas gave a briefing on the institute’s research on gender and conflict based on their fieldwork in the DRC, Liberia and Sierra Leone respectively.
Read more about NAI research on gender and conflict (all links below open in new window):
- Sexual Violence as a Weapon of War?
- Beyond ”Gender and Stir”
- Young Female Fighters in African Wars
- Sexual Abuse Survivors and the Complex of Traditional Healing
- Understanding and addressing conflict-related sexual violence
- Young Women in African Wars
- Sexual exploitation and abuse by peacekeeping operations in contemporary Africa