Panel on Gender and Mobility: Working theme: People on the Move: Re-viewing the Gender-Migration nexus
Panel organisers: Titilope F. Ajayi, Legon Centre for International Affairs and Diplomacy, University of Ghana and Margaret Monyani, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa.
This NAD 2018 panel on Gender and Mobility invites papers on any topic related to migration and gender in Africa. We especially welcome papers from early career scholars or current PhD students from across Africa. We welcome paper proposals from a variety of methodological approaches but specifically those that examine the gender-migration nexus in Africa including but not limited to gender and migrant’s security, transnational feminisms, rural-urban migration within unitary states, migrant-led social movements about human rights, transnational migration, refugee management, mobility of gendered ideologies among others.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following;
- Cross border marriages and families
- Innovative research methods on women and migration
- Gender migration and sexualities
- Gender migration and culture
- Gender space and time
- Gender migration and development
- Gender and the transition across state boundaries
- Gender and post migration
- Feminisation of migration
- Migration and gender equality
- Migration and gender roles
- Gendered mobilitys and social change
- Violence and gendered migration
Interested participants should send a 300 word abstracts outlining the paper context and argument.